Randy, under the tutelage of his father, started his illustrious golf career at the age of 13. While at DePauw University, he won the Indiana Collegiate Conference Championship in 1966 and was selected All Conference in 1966, 1967, and 1968. He was inducted into the DePauw University Athletic Hall of Fame in 1997.
Taking time off to start his business as a manufacturer’s representative, he again appeared on the competitive level by winning the Columbus District Amateur in 1980 and 1983. These were two of his 18 Columbus area victories. Randy has proven his longevity by winning tournaments in seven decades.
He is the winner of many Ohio Golf Association championships including:
• Ohio Amateur Champion 1986, 1992 (Ohio Amateur’s oldest winner – 1992 – age 45)
• Ohio Mid-Amateur Champion 1994
• Ohio Senior Amateur Champion 2002, 2010, 2013
• Ohio senior Classic Champion 2002, 2003
• Ohio Super Senior Champion 2012
• Ohio Senior Publinx Champion 2005
~ The only player to win all 6 state championships.
~ The 10 championships are a state record.
• Ohio Senior Golf Hall of Fame - Legends - 2021, 2022
Randy also has many USGA and national accomplishments including:
• Qualified or was exempt for 19 USGA championships.
• 5 US Amateurs
• 4 US Mid-Amateurs
• 7 US Senior Amateurs - Quarterfinalist 2005
• 3 US Senior Opens - Low Amateur 2006
• Pine Valley, (NJ) Crump Cup Senior Champion 2006
• Porter Cup Seniors (NY) Legends Champion 2022, 2023
• Florida Azalea Seniors Legends Champion 2023
As proud as he is of his golfing championships, he is even prouder of his daughter, Erin, a 2002 University of Dayton graduate and his son, Kyle, a scholarship golfer and 2-time All-American at Wake Forest University. As a 2005 member of the US Walker Cup Team, Kyle was also the 2004 Ohio Amateur Champion, making Kyle and Randy the only father-son champions in the Ohio Amateur Championship’s 119-year history.